Meatloaf Recipe, Elevate your dining experience with our this delectable recipe, a culinary masterpiece that seamlessly combines exceptional flavor with a myriad of nutritional benefits.
This hearty dish is not just a savory delight but a wholesome ensemble of lean proteins, vibrant vegetables, and whole grains that promise to tantalize your taste buds while nourishing your body.
Bursting with the goodness of finely selected ingredients, this Meatloaf is a testament to the belief that wholesome meals can be both nutritious and utterly delicious.
Points to Consider for Meatloaf Recipe:
Choosing the Right Ground Beef:
Opt for lean ground beef to reduce saturated fat content.
Consider a mixture of beef and ground turkey or chicken for a leaner option.
Vegetable Preparation Tips:
Finely chop the onions, celery, and garlic to ensure even distribution in the meat mixture.
Shred the carrots to incorporate their sweetness and moisture into the meatloaf.
Use whole wheat breadcrumbs for added fiber and a nutty flavor.
Gluten-free breadcrumbs can be substituted for those with dietary restrictions.
Egg and Milk Alternatives:
Replace eggs with flax eggs or mashed tofu for a vegan option.
Choose a dairy-free milk alternative to accommodate lactose intolerance or dietary preferences.
Enhancing Flavor with Herbs:
Experiment with fresh herbs for a burst of flavor, adjusting quantities to personal taste.
Customize the glaze by adding a dash of hot sauce or balsamic vinegar for extra depth.
Adjust the sweetness by modifying the brown sugar quantity.
Invest in a meat thermometer to ensure the meatloaf reaches a safe internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Resting Period Importance:
Allow the meatloaf to rest before slicing to retain juices and flavors.
The resting period also makes for easier slicing.
Pair with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a side salad for a complete and balanced meal.
Leftovers can be used for sandwiches or diced into pasta for quick and delicious meals.
Prepare the meatloaf in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Freeze portions for future meals, ensuring a convenient and wholesome option.
Experiment with additional ingredients like diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or grated zucchini for variety.
Consider incorporating a layer of cheese in the middle for a cheesy surprise.
Storage and Reheating:
Safely store remaining portions in a sealed container within the refrigerator for a duration of 3 to 4 days.
Reheat slices in the oven or microwave for a quick and satisfying meal.
These notes provide guidance for adapting the meatloaf recipe to individual preferences and dietary needs while offering tips for optimal preparation and storage.
Read This: Perfect and Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Nutritional Benefits of Meatloaf Recipe:
Lean Protein: The ground beef provides a high-quality source of protein, essential for muscle development and repair.
Vegetable Goodness: The addition of onions, carrots, and celery not only enhances flavor but also contributes vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Whole Grains: Using whole wheat breadcrumbs adds fiber and important nutrients, promoting digestive health.
Garlic’s Health Boost: Garlic not only adds a delightful flavor but also brings potential health benefits, including immune system support.
Herbs for Flavor and Antioxidants: Thyme, oregano, and basil not only enhance the taste but also provide antioxidants that support overall health.
This meatloaf recipe strikes a perfect balance between nutrition and flavor, making it a wholesome and delicious choice for a family meal.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 15minutes
Course: Main Course
Calories: 350 Kcal
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (preferably lean)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (whole wheat or gluten-free, as per preference)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk (or a dairy-free alternative)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup (for the glaze)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (for the glaze)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (for the glaze)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onions, shredded carrots, chopped celery, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, milk, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Blend the ingredients completely until they are uniformly incorporated.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a greased loaf pan, shaping it into a loaf shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze: ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard.
- Evenly distribute the glaze across the surface of the meatloaf.
- Place the prepared meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for approximately one hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- After the cooking process is complete, take the meatloaf out of the oven and allow it to rest for approximately 10 minutes before proceeding to slice it.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Your support means everything to us! If you enjoyed the post, then please rate it and do share it with your friends. Stay in touch with us by following us on social media platforms. Thank you from the bottom of our heart!